welcome to om exchange! Connect with yogis everywhere. We can help you to reach people and share your yoga offerings including retreats, workshops and events.
The Christmas buzz is over.
Many people might find themselves waking up on New Year’s Day feeling a bit gluttonous.
Perhaps in a foggy haze from too much food (typically not the best kind for our bodies)!
And celebration hangovers can leave one yearning to start the New Year with a reboot….
But where are the best studios to cleanse out the booze & detox from the sugar overload?
Our top 6 recommendations of where in London to sweat out 2014 toxins:
** SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM TO ENTER TO WIN 5 FREE CLASSES FROM FIERCE GRACE!**
1. Hotpod yoga - http://www.hotpodyoga.com/ (West London)
If you haven’t practiced yoga in a pod, what are you waiting for?
This is the perfect pop-up space to rejuvenate in Notting Hill. Click here to book a class.
And pods are multiplying! Expanding across London, the UK & beyond!.
Here’s a list of all the places you can find these pods popping up!:
- Notting Hill
Outside of London
- South Birmingham
- Milton Keynes
- West Wales
Outside the UK
- Amsterdam, NL
- Bucharest, Romania
2. Triyoga Camden - http://www.triyoga.co.uk/camden (North London)
Triyoga’s newest studio (after closing the Primrose Hill location) is the perfect place to warm up and detox this winter.
This brand new studio space was built with a special far infrared studio for the hot classes. See schedule here.
And don't forget to treat yourself to a healthy fresh juice or organic snack (full food menu) post class.
Triyoga also has hot classes on the menu at its other two locations:
- Triyoga Soho
- Triyoga Chelsea
2. yogahaven - http://www.yogahaven.co.uk/islington/ - (East London)
yogahaven is all about keeping you healthy & heated up! Loads of classes all day long! Check 'em out here.
Not nearby for you? Check out one of their other studios:
- yogahaven Clapham -
- yogahaven Richmond -
Live outside of London?
- yogahaven Brimmingham -
- yogahaven Brighton -
3. Yotopia - http://yotopia.co.uk/ (Central London)
In the midst of the Covent Garden chaos, just a stone’s throw from all the shops, you’ll find Yotopia, a perfect place to sweat it all out after a long day of work (or shopping!) Check out the hot classes here.
4. Hot Power Yoga - http://www.hotpoweryoga.co.uk/ (South London)
A Clapham studio dedicated to keeping you hot, hot, hot all winter long! These powerful classes will be sure to turn up the temperature and leave you feeling strong and detoxed. See schedule here.
6. Fierce Grace - http://www.fiercegrace.com/studios (six locations across London!)Started by the woman who brought Bikram yoga to London in 1994, FG is a brand new system of hot yoga classes. Blending strength and flexibility for both body and mind, classes are based on classical hatha yoga, Bikram and Ashtanga yoga. Try out one or more of their 5 classes types:
- Fierce Grace
- The Beast
- The Fix
- Detoxification: sweating on a regular basis allows the body to release toxins and waste from within providing room for vital nutrients and hydration. Be prepared to sweat in your hot yoga class!
- Healthy connective tissue: yoga opens the body’s connective tissue. Hot yoga enhances this process, allowing the body to stretch more fully, lubricate and renew, resulting in greater flexibility and energy
- Boosts immunity: viruses cannot survive in high temperatures, so increasing the body’s core temperature fights infections, which are pushed out through the sweat. Practicing hot yoga also increases the body’s production of white blood cells, which fight infection.
- Weight Loss: stretching deeper builds more muscle, which burns more fat. Hot yoga can result in weight loss. Diet also improves as the body craves healthier food when practicing regularly
- Stress release: the intense focus required in yoga helps to quieten the mind, resulting in greater focus, and clarity of thought. Working more deeply with the breath results in a more calm approach to life generally